IMPORTANT MEET INFORMATION FOR PARENTS & COACHES:
* MEET REGISTRATION: All Meet Registration information can be found in the downloadable .pdf file provided above. All athlete entries must be made through Meetmaker.com as per PA USAG Rules & Policies. Paper entries will NOT be accepted. Please note the Registration due dates & the late entry fees.
* USAG & PA USAG Rules: This is a USA Gymnastics Sanctioned State Meet. ALL Athletes & Coaches must be USAG Members in Good Standing & current with ALL Professional Memberships. All Coaches will be verified, so please bring your card. In addition, we use all of the "Pomp & Circumstance" for our Meets. Thus, Coaches & Gymnasts are expected to be in proper attire - including Awards Ceremonies. This is a 'Themed Meet' (Pirates), so with discretion & good taste, please feel free to sport your Pirate gear.
MEET SCHEDULE: As per PA Rules & Policies, Athletes have up to 2 weeks prior to the State Championships to qualify for the State Championships. We can NOT prepare the Final Schedule until that time. Parents DO NOT Call or Email the gym requesting times as this will not help them get to you any faster. The Final Schedule will be posted on this website as well as the PA State Website & Meetmaker.com. An email will also be sent to participating gyms when the schedule is finished.
* INDIVIDUAL AWARDS: As per PA & USAG Rules & Policies, the top 40% in each age division will be awarded State Medals.
* TEAM AWARDS: Team Competition will consist of the top 3 scores / event. Banners will be Awarded for each Level (Silver / Gold / Platinum / Diamond) and go 50% deep. Team Awards will be announced following the final session of each Level.
* AGE GROUPS: Age Groups will be generated using the Age Group Method or the age the athlete is "As of" May 7th 2017. Age Groups will be announced with the Final Schedule.
* EQUIPMENT: Sports Equipment Specialists provides the equipment for Xcel States. AAI equipment will be used, and there are ample Spring Boards & Mats.
* MEET LOCATION: The Meet Location is the Bayfront Convention Center. Even though we provide a link and say this on every web page & form we print inevitably, several people will sit outside our Gymnastics School wondering where all the cars are.
* PARKING: There is ample Free Parking at the Convention Center & ample Accessible Parking for Handicapped. In addition both connected Host Hotels has Parking Garages.
* ADMISSION: Admission is controlled by the Convention Center. Adults: $10.00 / Children (age 3-17) $6.00 / Multi-day Pass Adult $15 / Child $10. The Bayfront Convention Center will have a Concession Stand.
Ace Duchini's Hardware
Thanks for the Tons of Weight!
The Floral Gallery
Floral Award Gifts for your Champion!
Thanks for your continued support and commitment to bringing quality Events to Erie & for the awesome media coverage!
Action Shots Photography - Providing quality photos of your favorite gymnast in Action! Memorable Photos, Posters, Team Shots & much more!
Fine Designs Apparel. Providing Commemorative Xcel State Championship Wear! T-Shirts, Sweatshirts and more!
Home to our Stars & Stripes Invitational, this beautiful Convention Center sits right on Presque Isle Bay. * Convenient to the Interstates, easy to find, Free Parking, ample space.
"A Pirates Life for me!
Sponsors & Vendors
Please support our Sponsors & Vendors
There are lots of Fun Things to do here in Erie in May. Click the above link to take you to our "Things to Do Page". Sail the Bay on our Pirate Ship ~ Scallywags / Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park / Record Smallmouth Bass & Walleye can be caught right off the docks / Shop the Millcreek Mall / Visit our Wineries / Watch & Wager on the Horse Races... and Lots More!!!
Ahoy Mates! Erie Gymnastics be proud to be thee host of this years Xcel State Gymnastics Championships! We welcome you and your mates to the shores of beautiful Erie, PA.
We will be hosting the State Championships at the beautiful Bayfront Convention Center. It is right on Presque Isle Bay, and offers a beautiful backdrop for the event. Attached to the Convention Center are our 2 Host Hotels - Bayfront Marriott & Bayfront Sheraton which are both beautiful & convenient.
Our “MEET THEME” is “A Pirate’s Life for Me!” There is plenty to do here in Erie in the Spring! For this Meet, we’ve teamed up with the Lake Erie Pirate Ship “Skallywags”! Skallywags is a 54 foot Pirate Ship (holds 75 people - your entire Team & then some) that docks right off the Sheraton, and gives water tours of Presque Isle Bay, while singing, dancing to traditional Pirate Songs as well as shooting Water Cannons and searching for Booty. (Recently featured in the Jim Gaffigan Comedy Special -”Cinco”.
Hungry & want something to eat? Just a short walk away is “The Cove”, and “Rum Runners” - both popular with the Boaters & Pirates. You can even go up our Dobbin’s Landing Tower for a breath taking view of Erie & Lake Erie!
Congratulations & Good Luck Alyssa!
Mom & Dad!
Provided by BASports
There are 100 other things to do up here in the Spring. We have Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park which is a blast for everyone with numerous Water Slides, Wave Pool, Lazy River, Game Room, and a even a Tiki Bar for the Parents. We are also very close to the Millcreek Mall Shopping Complex which is a huge Mall Complex built up because PA does not charge sales tax on clothing, so the mall gets lots of traffic from out of state and Canada. We also have beautiful Presque Isle State Park located right by the Convention Center which attracts numerous people in the Spring for its wildlife & beaches. This is also Wine Country, and you can visit and tour over 30 local / national wineries. Adults can also visit our new Presque Isle Downs & Casino which is only minutes away. You can even fish right off the docks at our Convention Center where we are famous for huge Walleye, Small Mouth Bass, Salmon & Perch. You, your athletes and parents are sure to find something fun to do while in Erie.
All information will be posted on our website— www.eriegymnastics.com. We have a list of Host Hotels & their proximity to local attractions. We will also post flight times, Age Groups / scores & additional Meet Information on our site. Please expect this no earlier than 2 weeks prior to the Meet. We can NOT schedule sessions until all athletes have entered. Please no Parent Phone calls or Emails. It is proper protocol to get ALL information regarding your athlete from your coach.
Thanks to John Hatch & Co. Always- Accurate, Organized & Fast! Official Scorekeeper for Stars & Stripes!