Erie Gymnastics and Team Lightning purchased electronic scoring systems with digital displays! It's all part of the big meet feel.
We also have Custom Medals, Trophies, & Banners for the event. We go 50% deep with awards.
Erie, PA sits on the border of 3 different USAG regions and Canada, yet is just 2 hours away from Pittsburgh, PA / Cleveland, OH / Buffalo, NY / and Ontario. At our meet you get to see and compete against a lot of teams you might normally not see during the year. Last year we had 50+ teams from West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, and Ontario.
The Stars & Stripes Invitational was founded in the aftermath of 911. As a backdrop to the event, we proudly hang PA's Largest USA Flag as a reminder of the brave men and women who risk all to preserve our Freedom to be here to enjoy or children and our sport.
All Military, Police, Fire & Rescue Workers are admitted free - including parents of Gymnasts who serve in these fields. The stands are full of Patriots who risk their lives to save ours!
Awards are presented to the gymnasts by local and National Heroes who have served this country!
Stars & Stripes has grown to include all levels of
Men's & Women's Artistic Gymnastics.
* Men's Levels 4 thru 10
* Women's Levels 2 thru 10
* Women's Excel Program (all Levels)
Saturday Night of Stars & Stripes hosts the "Main Event"! The Main Event features the top (typically Level 10's) Male & Female athletes attending Stars & Stripes. This Event is heavily promoted to the city of Erie via local Media. The stands are packed with Gymnastics Fans who pack in the Grand Stands to cheer on the gymnasts. The crowd ohhs and ahhhs as the gymnasts perform their routines.
Watch the top Men & Women's Gymnasts compete side by side simultaneously!
Welcome to the Stars & Stripes Invitational! Thanks for taking an interest in our competition. This is the 17th Annual Stars & Stripes Invitational. Thanks to a lot of hard work from a lot of great people, S & S has grown to become one of the biggest and best meets around.
This year promises to be even better! The addition of the Men's Teams has been a great success and we will continue to offer Stars and Stripes as a Coed Invitational!
Our Main Event will feature both the top Men & Women's Athletes competing simultaneously - Side by Side. The following information is helpful in getting information on the competition.
Meet Director - Douglas Pershun
Erie Gymnastics Center &
We're not bragging, but we've got a great staff and booster club! They know how to work, then know how to have fun afterwards. Although the competition is fierce, there is a laid back fun feel to the competition. The Sport is fun and competition is fun, and that's how we run it! This is where we show off our sport and our athletes and enjoy the experience. We want our athletes and coaches to go home and reflect back with fond memories of their weekend spent here!
EGC Loves a Party! Come relax after the meet and celebrate your Victories or Drown your Losses. Either way, the drinks are on us. Coaches prizes and giveaways throughout the evening!
To add a sense of fairness to the Stars & Stripes, we import Judges from attending States and Regions. Judges are paired with other Judges they normally might not sit next to at regular meets. We believe it gives fair and accurate scores without bias, and that's what coaches really want.
During our Intermission between competition and awards, we bring in World Class Entertainment for the Gymnasts and Fans. The Entertainers all got their start having roots in Gymnastics. It's a fun way to end the competition!
* SHOPPING There is a ton of stuff to do here in Erie - even mid-winter. Many of the Hotels for the event are located near the Millcreek Shopping Mall. This is Erie's largest shopping complex and attracts bus loads of shopper to the area.
* SPLASH LAGOON WATER PARK Splash Lagoon Water Park is open and a humid 84 degrees year round. The gymnasts love the indoor - Water Slides, Lazy River, and Wave Pool. Parents & Coaches tend to prefer the Tiki Bar and giant Hot Tub. The Water Park is part of our Hotel Complex.
* WINE COUNTRY You also may wish to take a wine tour. This is grape country and home to 20+ famous wineries and Welsh's.
* SKIING - You may wish to take on the slopes at Peak & Peak Ski Resort - less than 20 minutes from the competition. They offer all sorts of slopes - Beginner thru Advanced. Peak & Peak also has Tubing which is huge fun with the gymnasts as well as Snow Board parks with Half Pipes and Obstacles
* PRESQUE ISE DOWNS & CASINO - You may wish to find the gymnasts a party at Splash Lagoon, and head over to Presque Isle Down's & Casino. Presque Isle Downs & Casino offers 1000's of Slots, Table Games, Poker, Horse Races, as well as top entertainment and dining.
* PRESQUE ISLE STATE PARK - Even in the winter Presque Isle is Beautiful! There are tons of Wildlife in the Park as well as seeing the lake and the Ice Dunes that build up on the beaches.
Above the Barre
All Around Gymnastics
All Star Gymnastics
New Brighton, PA
Cutting Edge Gymnastics
Port Allegheny, PA
Emerald City Gymnastics Kittanning, PA
Belle Vernon, PA
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
St. Catherines, ONT
West Moreland, PA
Lake Erie Gymnastics School
Laker's & Lakettes Gymnastics
Moon Township, PA
Maverick Gymnastics Charlestown WV
Niagara Falls Lightning
Niagara Falls, ONT
Ohio Gymnastics Inst.
New Castle, PA
Orchard Park Gymster's
Pittsburgh Gymnastics Club
N Braddock, PA
Willow Tree Gymnastics
Middleburg Heights, OH
Youngstown Gymnastics Center